We are excited to announce 3-on-3 Basketball. A great way to get out and try a new sport, or for our returning players a great way to continue improving your game.
A fun, 6-week program starting the week of May 15th. For youth born between 2009-2015.
Will consist of approximately 30% skills and 70% game play.
Location: North Simcoe Sports and Recreation Centre
- Monday evenings
- May 15, May 29, June 5, 12, 19, 26
- Times between 5-8pm depending on age
- Wednesday evenings
- May 17 thru June 21
- Times between 5-9pm depending on age
Why 3on3 Basketball
- More touches, shots, handling the ball, passes, rebounds, etc... for players: On average players will touch the ball 1/6 of the time as opposed to 1/10 of the time in 5v5.
- Harder to defend: 3v3 is harder to defend than 5v5, it is more difficult to get away with poor defense so players naturally have to have better help side and ball containment.
- You can still teach almost all the screens and cuts that you would utilize in your 5v5 offense: pass and cut, screen aways, hard curls, ball screens, dribble drive action etc... And players have more space to do it in with 4 less players on the floor.
- 3-on-3 is a surprisingly fast-paced game because it is played in the half-court and players simply have to take the ball out of the net and take it back over the 3 point line before trying to score.
- FUN!! Most important part of the program!